We hope you are having a great day! Because we are. We have awesome news to share with you: WE ARE MOVING TO ECUADOR!!!!
About a month ago we asked you to be in prayer for us as we were praying through some decisions regarding our ministry. Thanks so much for all your prayers. We have been in prayer ourselves for over a month and we know that God has answered and is answering!
We are super excited to share with you that we have accepted an offer through our mission agency, Reaching and Teaching International, to move to Ecuador to start a pastoral training program for many of the churches in the northern part of the country. We are very excited about this opportunity and believe that this is the will of the Lord for our lives.
We are thankful for how God used us here in Nicaragua. Whether it was through helping train the leadership team of an existing church or working one on one with those who felt called to be pastors, our time here was spent investing in the lives of people and training them up in the Word of God so that they can be more effective in reaching their own people for the glory of God. But now our time here is coming to a close.
A few months ago, we began having conversations with the director of our mission agency pertaining to the overall strategy of the mission and the vision that God was casting for us. He shared with us something that reminds me of the Macedonian call that the apostle Paul received when he was on his own missionary journey. Our director shared with us that almost daily he receives emails from pastors and leaders in the northern part of Ecuador begging him to send them missionaries that can help train them up better in the knowledge of the Word of God so that they can effectively reach their people with the Gospel.
During the time that we were seeking the Lord for further ministry direction, our director asked us if we would consider forming a small team with a few other missionaries with Reaching and Teaching International and starting up a training base in the northern part of Ecuador. And after taking much time to pray and seek the Lord, we gladly accepted. We will be moving to the Quito area in September.
Here are some of the exciting things about this opportunity:
- We will be part of a team. This is the first time in all of our missionary ventures where we will be part of a team with other missionaries from our same organization. We have prayed for a team for years, and now God has answered.
- There is already the Macedonian call. Pastors there are eagerly awaiting our arrival and are excited to be taught and mentored. So, we will have existing connections. There will be much work to do.
- We will be an integral part of the mission strategy of our organization which includes hosting mission teams, planing, and developing the mission further.
- We will have an opportunity to be involved in orphan ministry again or minister to at-risk kids and youth, which is something that we always have had a heart to do.
- There are unreached people groups that still exist in the highlands of the Andes as well as various tribes that live in the jungle, so it will be such a joy to begin making effort to reach these people with the saving message of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
We are super excited because the vision of Reaching and Teaching is really expanding in Ecuador and now there will be a team ministering in the north just as there has been a strong team ministering in the south that began a few years ago. We are very excited to be part of such a fantastic mission organization and we simply want to use our gifts so that Christ’s church can be strengthened and so that we might reach people for the glory of His name.
We ask you to please pray for us for this upcoming move. There are many logistics for an international move. Please pray for the whole process of packing, selling, getting visas, finding a home, finding a vehicle, making new connections, etc. Please also pray that our remaining time here will be well spent for the purposes of God.
We will be coming to the states from June 2nd to July 10th in order to share more about our new upcoming ministry and plans. We would love to share more with you when we see you in person.
To learn more about the ministry of Reaching and Teaching International in Ecuador and what we are going to be a part of, watch this video: http://vimeo.com/81443564
Thank you so much for praying for us. Thank you for being part of our support team. Please know that we don’t take that lightly. You are investing your resources so that the Gospel of Jesus may effectively reach the nations. That is our desire and what we aim to do wherever we are. We are so excited to partner with you in bringing the Gospel to Ecuador.
May the Lamb that was slain receive the reward of His sufferings.